Student Success Programs
Individualized Learning Plan
Plan for Success
The entire planning process for a post-high school career, whether that includes college or not, is especially critical for a student who has experienced challenges in the past. We help Insight School of Wisconsin (ISWI) students plan for a future they can attain and feel good about, which helps motivate them in their current studies.
Individualized Learning Plan (ILP)
All students complete an ILP. Developed in partnership with you, your student, and ISWI staff, it establishes a strategy to help make the right choices for your student and includes:
- Course plans
- Academic strengths and challenges
- Personal interests
- College and career aspirations
Participate in Regular Assessments
At ISWI, we use leading evaluation methods to clearly identify and monitor where each student is academically.
- Each student takes benchmark tests at the beginning of the year to diagnose strengths and challenges.
- We include state testing with a focus on fine-tuning exactly what each student needs.
- We develop realistic learning objectives and a comprehensive, customized plan to reach goals.
- Ongoing testing is administered, as needed, to ensure each student is making progress against goals—enabling teachers and parents to know how much progress a student is actually making.
Teachers work with tools in the online school platform to make sure lesson plans are based on student needs and to see the progress the student has made to date. Parents and older students can use the planning and progress tools to organize their schedule, create flexibility when needed, and track completed work. These easy-to-use features give you the real-time information you want and the structure students need.