Diploma and Graduation FAQs

Can I transfer credits from a homeschool portfolio or from standardized exams?

Students may transfer credits from any accredited institution. Students who want to transfer credits based on homeschool work or portfolios or coursework completed at a non-accredited institution may petition Insight School of Wisconsin (ISWI) to have the credits accepted. ISWI reserves the right to refuse transfer credits from non-accredited institutions or for homeschool experiences. A homeschool packet is required to transfer homeschool credits. All students must pass a civics exam and complete board required career-based work.

Who issues the diploma?

Graduating students receive a diploma issued by ISWI, an online public charter school authorized by McFarland School District.

Can my child apply to college after graduating from ISWI?

Absolutely. When your child graduates, they’ll earn a valid diploma issued by ISWI, a state-approved public school. They’ll also receive all the records required for the college application process:

  • Valid transcripts
  • Public school SAT/ACT scores
  • Teacher recommendations
  • School extracurricular activities
  • A student portfolio and culminating project

Colleges and universities have begun to appreciate that independent study programs such as ISWI often do a better job of preparing students for college because of the important time management and individual responsibility skills they impart. Students from programs such as ISWI often make the transition to college more readily than many of their counterparts.