Diploma and Graduation FAQs

Can I transfer credits in from a home school portfolio? From standardized exams?

Students may transfer in credits from any accredited institution.  Students wishing to transfer in credits based on homeschool work or portfolios or course work completed at a non-accredited institution may petition Insight School of Wisconsin to have the credits accepted. All students must pass a civics exam and complete board required career-based work.

IISWI reserves the right to refuse transfer credits from non-accredited institutions or for homeschool experiences. A home school packet is required to transfer home school credits.

Who issues the diploma?

Graduating students will be issued a diploma from Insight School of Wisconsin, an online public charter school authorized by McFarland School District.

Can my child apply to college after graduating from ISWI?

Absolutely. When your child graduates from ISWI, they will have a valid diploma received from a state-approved, accredited public high school. With that diploma come all the records that are required for the college application process including valid transcripts, public school SAT/ACT scores, teacher recommendations, school extracurricular activities, a student portfolio, and culminating project.