General and Enrollment FAQs

What grades are offered by Insight School of Wisconsin?

ISWI is available to eligible students in grades 9–12.

Is ISWI really tuition-free?

ISWI is a public school, so there is no tuition. We provide Wisconsin-licensed teachers and instructional materials.* Students and families are responsible for providing some consumable materials (such as printer ink and paper). Enrollment consultants can help
address technological and computer questions.

Does ISWI loan computers and printers?

Computers and printers are sent to any student that needs a computer system, there is no need to quality. Families are asked during the enrollment process if they need a computer system or they can request one at any time during their school experience.

Loaned computer systems are instructional property and must be returned when the student leaves the school.

How many students will get into the school?

Students are admitted subject to capacity and to the age and state residency requirements.

What information is required for enrollment?

We are a school of choice, so enrollment documents include a District Release Form (sometimes called a “Choice Form”), which requires a signature from the resident school district and a legal guardian.  We also require Proof of Residence including the name of a legal guardian on the student account and the physical address of the residence. 

Documents we accept include:

  • Utility bill (gas, water, cable, electric, phone land line)
  • Car insurance statement
  • Lease agreement
  • Driver's license
  • Car registration
  • Benefit assistance letters (food stamps, TANF, etc)

What if my child is behind on credits or failing classes?

ISWI specializes in addressing the needs of struggling students. We develop an individualized learning plan to ensure every student has a roadmap to success that’s specific to them.

What are the location and age restrictions?

Students must be residents of the state of Wisconsin and must be 20 years of age or younger on the first day of the school year. Students who turn 21 while enrolled may remain enrolled until the end of the current school year. High school students must also be able to demonstrate completion of the eighth grade through official transcript or homeschool portfolios.

Can students enroll and begin classes at any time of the year?

Students can submit an enrollment application anytime during the year and, once approved, start at the next scheduled start date.

I've been expelled. Will I get into ISWI?

Each case will be reviewed based upon records from your current or former school district. However, as a Wisconsin public school, current expulsions from another district may be honored.

How do I get a transcript?

For transcript requests please contact our Registrar at

What if my student has an IEP or 504 plan?

For questions regarding Special Services (504 and Special Education) contact:

Rebecca Eberhardt, Manager of Special Programs 608.838.9482 ext. 1107